Search Questions:

As an OHS Online user, I only do contractual work! So, as a contractor, do I have to register with the Compensation Commissioner?

Another good question! The answer is yes, you do! Although you may be a contractor, you are still running a business. If you hire (employ) one or more persons to assist you with your work, they are considered your employees, which means you, as their employer, are subject to the same requirements as other employers, with respects to Section 80 of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (COID Act).

In the same way, you will be required to submit your Return of Earnings, annually every March and then pay the assessment return furnished by the Compensation Commissioner.