Search Questions:

As an OHS Online user, if I have an employee injured in an Injury on Duty (IOD) and they are booked off from work as a result, how long do I, as their employer, have to pay my injured employee’s earnings, whilst they are on leave?

Okay, good question! As the employer, you are responsible for paying the employee's earnings for the first three months that they are off duty, due to the accident. Thereafter, the employee needs to complete and submit a W.Cl.132 - Affidavit by Employee form to their nearest Department of Labour or Compensation Commissioner offices, from which payment is then made directly to the employee for the remaining period of their IOD leave. During this process, it is important to remember that a Progress Medical Report needs to be submitted monthly in order for either of these offices to continue payment.