Search Questions:

In OHS Online, what happens when an Injury on Duty (IOD) occurs in my workplace?

This is a very important question! When an IOD occurs in your workplace, you need to report this to the Department of Labour, in particular, the Compensation Commissioner (WCA) or the Rand Mutual Assurance (RMA). A document, known as an Annexure 1 Report, needs to be completed and placed on file.

Additionally, there are a series of documents which need to be submitted to the Compensation Commissioner, so a claim can be made with the Compensation Commissioner. This is one of the reasons why it is very important to keep you employer payments up-to-date with Workmen's Compensation.