Search Questions:

As an OHS Online user, when an Injury on Duty (IOD) occurs in my workplace, how many days do I have to report the accident to the Compensation Commissioner?

This is an important question! When an IOD occurs in your workplace, you need to report this accident, by submitting a W.Cl.2 to the Compensation Commissioner (or an RMD.1 to the Rand Mutual Assurance), within seven (7) days of the accident (incident) occurring.

Additionally, there are a series of documents which need to be submitted to the Compensation Commissioner, so a claim can be made with the Compensation Commissioner. This is one of the reasons why it is very important to keep you employer payments up-to-date with Workmen's Compensation.