What are the basic components of the Hot Work tab, in OHS Online?
Sure thing, now let's look at hot work in a bit more depth! Cool! Okay, so let's get on with it! All hot work processes, which are required in the work being done, are managed in the Hot Work tab (section 6). This tab consists of four parts:
1. Work Environment section - this section identifies the type of hot work which must be done.
2. Risk Assessment Reference section - this section references any applicable tasks concerning the hot work.
3. Vessel/Tank or Piping Work section - this section works primarily on vessel, tank and piping requirements and checks and controls, when these need to be made.
4. Precautionary Safety Measures section - this section allows suitable and relevant safety measures to be identified to control any hot work risks associated with the work being done.
5. Contractor Confirmation section - this section allows the contractor (Permit Requester) to confirm the identified safety measures are in place before work begins and for the client (Permit Issuer) to concur that they are in place.