MAKROSAFE and SafetyWallet’s Partnership – South Africa’s First and Largest Behavioural Health and Safety Membership
SafetyWallet – Overview
SafetyWallet, in partnership with OHS Online and MAKROSAFE, provides employers with a membership programme which makes them privy to rewards in their compliance to the following:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other relevant Legislation and Regulations
- Standards, and
- Metropolitan and/or Municipal Bylaws that relate specifically to Occupational Health and Safety within the workplace.
SafetyWallet has a mission and vision devoted towards the encouragement and through that, the rewarding of employers who are committed to compliance with the Health and Safety of employees.
This is done through dedication in supporting employers and providing the business with a total Health and Safety Solution, regardless of whether it is internal or done through the SafetyWallet Partners Programme.
SafetyWallet aims to provide a Health and Safety environment which is cost effective, compliant, and benefits all employers spread across all the different industries present within the South African economy.
How do employers and members benefit from such a partnership?
Supporting and rewarding of employers in Health and Safety
SafetyWallet, along with the partnerships it has with OHS Online and MAKROSAFE, provides employers through the provision of the following four components of Health and Safety in Industry and Commerce:
- Health and Safety Training
- Health and Safety Programme
- Health and Safety Compliance Grading Audit, and
- Member Advertising.
Health and Safety Training
In partnering with MAKROSAFE, SafetyWallet provides members with only the highest quality health and safety training. This training is presented in the form of formal training as well as E-learning.
The training provided by MAKROSAFE is in accordance with the unit standards and the curriculum by SAQA with accreditation and endorsement with DoEL, QCTO, HWSeta, and SAIOSH.
The following support is provided to an employer by the Support Manager with regards to training:
- Analysis of any and all of the training requirements
- The provision of a Dedicated Skills Development Facilitator, or SDF.
- The provision of an Annual Workplace Skills Plan, or WSP.
- The provision of Skills Development Levy, or SDL, Reimbursements.
- B-BBEE Learnership Assistance
- Tax incentives for qualifications along with bursaries and learnerships.
- Covid-19 support, assistance, guidance, and advice.
- Weekly updates pertaining to Legislation.
- Monthly Newsletters, and
- Legislative requirements.
In addition, the Training Solutions provided by the SafetyWallet Platform include:
- E-Learning – which is unlimited with provision made for over 41 training courses.
- Accredited E-Learning – which consists of E-Learning and Formal Assessment on all E-Learning Accredited Training and Learnerships, and
- Formal Training which comprises of accredited workshops and induction which is centralized and includes On Site Training consisting of Classroom Training on all Accredited, Workshops, Inductions and Learnerships Training.
Benefits that can be derived from the provision of such services and support include the centralization of training on one platform without employers having to seek a variety of providers.
SafetyWallet, in partnership with MAKROSAFE, provides an all-encompassing package to cater for the needs and objectives that employers and subsequent members may have with regards to training.