Introduction to the Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
This course outlines the scope of Driven Machinery Regulations along with the application thereof which includes:
- Manufacturers, and
- Operators of driven machinery
It outlines the application of the regulations in addition to including a list of definitions, terms, and phrases relevant to the application of these regulations.
Aim of the Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
The aim of the course is to make the candidate aware of the various types of driven machinery regulated by these prescribed regulations, safety principles of such machinery and equipment, and an outline on the regulations applicable to driven machinery.
Knowledge obtained from this course focuses specifically on operational requirements of Lifting Machines, Hand Powered Lifting Devices, and Lifting Tackles with detailed explanations of regulatory requirements of such equipment.
Included in this course is the safety parameters involved with such machinery and the provision of a step-by-step guide and rules on the safe operating procedures of the equipment.
Upon completion of this course, the attending candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge pertaining to the responsibility of relevant personnel associated with the safe use and operation of driven machinery as employers and managers need to ensure that there is accountability for duties.
- Explain and develop a hazard assessment program which pertains to supervision as an essential part of monitoring safe operations. This should reflect the severity of risks involved and the ability of employees to avoid them.
Key Content Covered
The content of this course is formulated in such a way that candidates are made aware of and able to identify the operating principles associated with most of the ascribed driven machinery and includes safety mechanisms of such machinery.
The importance associated with the identification of safety, health, and environmental hazards which must be included in the job description per the employee’s safety responsibilities.
Included in the content in this course is that hazards and safety responsibilities should also be included in contractors’ contracts and companies whose employees operated listed driven machinery on site.
In addition, problem-solving and decisions to be made through critical thinking when implementing or creating a driven machinery regulatory policy or procedures are also included in this course.
In addition, the following content can be expected to form part of this course:
- Evaluated potential hazards and the implementation of required processes to promote the safe use and operation of all driven machinery.
- Safety issues as well as the identification of safety responsibilities in the information, instruction, and training provided to people who are new in the workplace.
- Preparation for ensuring a safe workplace and a fundamental understanding of the types of conditions that employees will be exposed to.
- Knowledge on how to perform a basic hazard assessment and selecting the appropriate operating of driven machinery circumstances, where possible, and
- The interpretation and understanding of the context pertaining to training requirements to ensure that safety issues are raised relevantly
- The responsibilities of supervisory employees
- Display of relevant information on notice and bulletin boards.
- Risk assessment findings, safety inspections, and the representation thereof in addition to the displaying thereof on notice boards and bulletins.
- The utilization of the principle of duty to care in the management of all driven operations, and Identification of the most common impacts that incorrect and poor operating skills, and incomplete and poor policies and procedures may have on employees.
The candidate attending the course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. These assessments will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes.
Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Register and book your course via My Safety Shop
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation E-learning
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning