Introduction to Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
This training course covers, and creates, a supportive environment for both the employer and employees regarding awareness involved with the constructive management of infectious and dreaded diseases.
This involves instances where workers are likely to be exposed to any listed dreaded disease and the program outlines specifications on supportive structures which must be in place. These structures include:
- The accommodating limitations
- Dealing with emergencies
- Providing necessary facilities, and
- Proactiveness in providing ongoing support.
Employers are continuously encouraged to investigate the ways in which internal and external sources can be accessed to minimise the effect of dread diseases in a workplace.
The internal resources for managing the effect of dread disease are investigated and the needs of people with either dread or infectious disease are identified within an organisation’s mandate.
Workplace protocols regarding emergency responses are explained and there is indication of the roles in an emergency situation which outlines and investigates the dread and infectious disease most prevalent in a particular industry or section.
In addition, the identification of the qualities of the enabling environment must be done in accordance with the South African Constitution in addition to standard, or industry, principles or good practice.
Aim of the Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
This course aims to equip line managers, team leaders, and supervisors with the necessary knowledge and skill to prevent, as far as reasonably practicable, disease, disability, and death caused by a wide variety of dread and infectious diseases.
The focus is on dread and infection diseases that have been present in society for a number of years as well as new emerging diseases, and zoonotic diseases.
The candidate will learn to develop, formulate, and offer contributory compliance requirements with Best Practice Standards, industry norms, and acceptable protocols to manage dread and infectious disease, ensure leadership focus, and empower managers to consider issues.
It allows the candidate to practice processes for prevention, control, and elimination of infectious diseases, disability, and death caused by the following:
- Human immunodeficiency virus infection
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
- Non-HIV retroviruses
- Viral Hepatitis and other sexually transmitted diseases
- Tuberculosis, and lastly, as result of current pandemic at hand,
- SARS-COV-19 Virus, or Covid-19
This is done through the implementation and maximisation of public and worker health and safety in the workplace setting. s
Course Outcome to Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
Upon completing this course, the attending candidate will be capable of, and able to:
- Identify dread and infectious disease which may compromise and jeopardise performance and productivity.
- Indicate the minimum legal requirements which relates to dread and infectious disease in the workplace.
- Identify the ways of providing an environment which is conductive to disclosure.
- Investigate ways of accessing internal and external resources to minimise the effect that dread or infectious disease has in a workplace, and
- Formulate, develop and interpret policies and procedures which relate to dread and infectious disease.
Key Content Covered
The content of this course is formulated around the following:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act – Biohazardous Regulations
- The guidelines of the World Health Organisation, or WHO
- Centre of Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, and
- The South African Department of Health.
The content of this course includes, but is not limited to:
- Introduction to dread and infectious disease including Covid-19
- Direct and indirect disease transmission
- Workplace preparedness and Hazardous Biological Agents
- Preparation of the workplace post-Covid-19 (SARS-COV-19 Virus) lockdown
- Policy and procedures for prompt identification and isolation of possible Covid-19 positive individuals
- Development, implementation, and communication of workplace flexibilities and protection
- What should be done to protect workers and the classification of worker exposure, and
- Classification at lower, medium- and high-risk exposure activities.
The candidate attending the course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. The assessment will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes. Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning