Introductionto Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
This course introduces the safe operation of lifting machinery with some background to the Occupational Health and Safety Act Driven Machinery Regulations. This is to equip the candidate with the legal obligations and framework to operating lifting machines in the workplace.
This course was designed for all employees who perform, or is expected to perform, daily tasks involving a counterbalanced lift truck, or a capacity rated 2,000kg and includes a capacity of above 15,000kg.
Aim of the Course
To equip the candidate with the required knowledge and skills, enabling the candidate to operate and work with a forklift in a way which is safe and competently. It also provides the required knowledge regarding the principles according to which the machinery works.
The course helps and equips the candidate with extensive knowledge in understanding the different handling methods and the storing of freight and operate equipment in accordance with laid-down organisational, legislative standards and procedures, as well as manufacturer guidelines.
To ensure that the candidate can conduct regulatory inspections such as:
- Start-up and operational checks
- Inspections pertaining to operation, shut down, parking, and maintenance of the forklift.
This course also intends to outline the support systems and emergency services in case of incidents and accidents and includes the recording and reporting of such according to workplace operating procedures.
This course provides the candidate with the ability to understand and describe the different counterbalanced trucks in terms of lifting machine categories, functionality, and specified work requirements.
To allow the attending candidate to analyse limitations, capabilities, and capacities of counterbalanced trucks. It promotes the mechanical awareness, understanding of major components, familiarity with instrumentation, and operation of levers, controls, and safety devices.
Course Outcome to Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
Upon completion of this course, the attending candidate will be capable of, and able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the content through the application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- Demonstrate the selection of counterbalanced lifting trucks, or forklift, and the safe handling of loads according to the standard operating procedure.
- Explain and develop a hazard assessment program pertaining to supervision as an essential part of monitoring safe working and operation of forklift trucks, and
- Prevent accidents and avoid damage to valuable goods and equipment by enabling safe operating manoeuvre techniques in even the most demanding environment.
Key Content Covered
This course is aimed at ensuring that counterbalanced lift trucks, or forklifts, are operated within the specification of the relevant legislation. In addition, this course aims to ensure adherence to the operating mechanisms such as components, systems, instrumentation, levers, and controls.
Content covered in this course includes:
- The identification of safety, health, and environmental hazards and the inclusion of responsibilities and accountabilities through solving problems employing critical thinking.
- Implementing or creating a lift truck identification and dealing with problems pertaining to lifting machines.
- Evaluation of the potential hazards, implementation of required process to promote safe driving by ensuring that the lifting truck is fit for operation, and conduct inspections on the safe handling of loads with machinery.
- Prepare for making the workplace safe and favourable and understanding the different types of conditions that employees may be exposed to.
- Knowing how to perform a basic hazard assessment, and
- Selecting the appropriate circumstances, where possible, when operating lift trucks, or forklifts.
The candidate attending the course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. The assessment will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes. Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning