Introduction to the Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
Effective Incident Reporting in the workplace and the training of candidates serves the purpose as a tool which allows for the documenting of all workplace occurrences. This is specifically where potentially harmful occurrences are concerned.
Harmful occurrences are any which may cause injuries to a person or damage to a company asset, and through effective incident reporting, safety in the workplace can be improved and promoted more effectively.
Incident reports can be used in the investigation and the analysis of an invent. It includes a root cause as well as corrective actions to minimize and even eliminate risks involved, and to prevent similar future occurrences.
Incident reports can also be used as safety documents which indicate potential risks and uncontrolled hazards found in the workplace.
Aim of the Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
To equip the candidate with the necessary knowledge and skills to do the following:
- Respond to an incident
- Establish the exact location of the incident in line with policy and procedural requirements of the organisation, and
- Ensure that relevant details of the incident are obtained including, names and details of the affected person and the reporter, and any circumstances surrounding the incident.
The course will familiarise the candidate with the principles of Effective Incident Reporting assessment including the:
- Objects involved
- Weather conditions
- Number and type of vehicles involved
- Individuals involved, and other important factors.
The introduction of a continuous improvement process that provides clarity on the important elements that require focus during incident reporting. The training also provides valuable insight on processes that may need to change, improve, or be eliminated and replaced.
Course OutcomeIncident Reporting e-Learning Training
This course is formulated around the prescriptive requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 – section 24, and the General Administrative Regulations. This content includes, but is not limited to:
- Occupational health and Safety Act requirements of Incident Reporting
- The factors to consider in classifying an event as an incident
- Reporting incidents to the employer, employee, and the duties involved once an incident has been reported
- Introduction to, and the aim of, incident reporting with the legal obligations and prescribed definitions
- Responsibilities and other legal requirements of an incident report
- The consequences of non-compliance
- The procedure to follow when an incident has occurred, and
- How incident reports must be completed and how the required feedback of findings can be done.
Key Content Covered
This course is aimed at ensuring that HIV and AIDS can be prevented in the workplace. That, through correct procedures in place, the condition can be managed, and employees are encouraged to undergo the necessary test to learn and know their status.
In addition, the following content is covered in this course:
- The identification of Safety, Health, and Environmental hazards by including the safety responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Solving of common problems associated with HIV and AIDS and making decisions through critical thinking when implementing or creating a safe, risk-free workplace for employees.
- Identification and managing of problems pertaining to conditions that may cause or result in illness and disease.
- Evaluating potential HIV and AIDS hazards and implement required processes to promote the safety and health of employees.
- Ensuring that the most common medical conditions, and HIV and AIDS, are managed and controlled in the workplace as far as practically possible.
- Preparation for steps to be taken in encouraging employees to know their HIV and AIDS status and to ensure that there is strict confidentiality by the employer.
In addition, the course also addresses preventative programs to be followed including exercise, dietary needs, and the prevention of infection of others.
The content also covers how HIV and AIDS can be managed during pregnancy, the best procedures to be followed, and ensuring the protection of the infant.
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes.
Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes. Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Register and book your course via My Safety Shop
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation E-learning
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning