Introduction to the HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
This course explains and provides the multitude of ways in which HIV and AIDS education and training plays a vital role in its management.
It is important for employees to know their status and education is therefore a key component that this course provides, and it is highly recommended as a minimum HID/AIDS intervention.
Aim of the HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
To empower and increase awareness on HIV/AIDS, its impact, management, and the availability of support systems to encourage early testing and lifestyle changes to reduce and prevent further infection.
To equip the candidate with the necessary knowledge and skill to differentiate between HIV Positive and AIDS, how HIV is contracted, and to provide an overview of the common preventative measures to ensure protection against HIV and AIDS.
To equip the candidate with the responsibility to learn how HIV and AIDS is manage by considering the management and treatment phase, including the use of medication and steps to prevent a weakened immune system.
This course teaches the candidate about the importance of following the correct diet in addition to the most common side effects of HIV and AIDS.
Course Outcome of the Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
Upon completion, and at the end of this training program, the attending candidate will be able to understand, and be capable to demonstrate, the suitable prevention methods for managing HIV and AIDS in the workplace in addition to the following:
- Identify and be aware of situations and conditions that may affect an employee’s HIV and AIDS status through understanding of the procedural requirements when affected.
- Explain and develop a hazard assessment program pertaining to the management of HIV and AIDS prevention.
Key Content Covered
This course is aimed at ensuring that HIV and AIDS can be prevented in the workplace. That, through correct procedures in place, the condition can be managed, and employees are encouraged to undergo the necessary test to learn and know their status.
In addition, the following content is covered in this course:
- The identification of Safety, Health, and Environmental hazards by including the safety responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Solving of common problems associated with HIV and AIDS and making decisions through critical thinking when implementing or creating a safe, risk-free workplace for employees.
- Identification and managing of problems pertaining to conditions that may cause or result in illness and disease.
- Evaluating potential HIV and AIDS hazards and implement required processes to promote the safety and health of employees.
- Ensuring that the most common medical conditions, and HIV and AIDS, are managed and controlled in the workplace as far as practically possible.
- Preparation for steps to be taken in encouraging employees to know their HIV and AIDS status and to ensure that there is strict confidentiality by the employer.
In addition, the course also addresses preventative programs to be followed including exercise, dietary needs, and the prevention of infection of others.
The content also covers how HIV and AIDS can be managed during pregnancy, the best procedures to be followed, and ensuring the protection of the infant.
The candidate attending the course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. The assessment will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes. Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning