Introduction to the Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
This course outlines the duties of Health and Safety Representatives. Elected candidates are responsible to understand the objectives and statutory requirements pertaining to health and safety in the workplace.
The candidate will, after attending this course, be able to explain the rights, powers, functions, and duties of the workplace Health and Safety representative, and how any incorrect health, safety, and environmental issues may be handled.
Such candidates will be able to participate in the safety, health, and environmental structures and measure such activities according to the relevant requirements.
Aim of the Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
To equip candidates with the necessary knowledge to describe the framework of workplace health and safety legislation, explain the relevant definitions and terminologies, and understand the importance of the impact to both the employer and employee regarding to non-compliance with relevant legislation.
To emphasise the importance of conducting Health and Safety Representative activities, address the scope of authority and related issues within the appropriate level of the designated Health and Safety Representative.
To raise awareness into the structures of safety, health, and environment, consultative requirements, and the participation in activities.
Course Outcome of the Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
Upon completion of this course, the candidate will be able to understand, and capable to demonstrate, through the safety, health, and environmental program:
- Conducting of health and safety audits, identify potential hazards, risks, and dangers
- Investigate incidents and make recommendations towards health and safety
- Conduct inspections and attend health and safety committee meetings
- Review the effectiveness of health and safety measures
- Identify potential hazards and major incidents, and examine the causes thereof
- Investigate complaints and visit incident sites, and attend inspections
- Attend any investigation or formal inquiry
- Inspect any document relating to health and safety matters, and
- Accompany an inspector and/or be accompanied by a technical advisor if approved by the employer.
Key Content Covered
The content covered in this course includes:
- Health and Safety Representatives accompanying a Department of Labour Inspector who is carrying out an inspection under the Occupational Health and Safety Act Section 29, other than accident investigation, allowed as per the inspector’s discretion.
- The presence of the Health and Safety Representative, at the discretion of the inspector, and when the candidate requests, when interviews are being conducted relating to an accident occurrence in the workplace.
- Representations to the employer regarding safety, health, and environmental matters in the workplace.
- Verbal or written representations to inspectors, including investigation of accidents
- Receiving advice and information from inspectors related to safety, health, and environmental matters in the workplace, and
- Consultation and liaison with other Health and Safety Representatives appointed in the same workplace regardless of their working area or times.
The course is aimed at allowing the candidate to experience their involvement in day-to-day activities relating to that of safety, health, and the environment in the workplace in addition to observing how the company is ensuring the safety of its employees.
The identification of Safety, Health, and Environmental hazards by:
- Including safety responsibilities and accountabilities
- Solving of common problems
- Making decisions based on critical thinking when implementing or creating a safe workplace by ensuring management of consequences to the environment, and
- Evaluating any potential hazards and implementing required processes to promote the health and safety of employees and ensuring environmental protection.
The candidate attending the course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. The assessment will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
Conditions of enrolment and certification
To gain access to this training program, it is mandatory that the employer subscribe to the SafetyWallet membership subscription so that the learner can enrol to any of the Health and Safety e-Learning training programmes. Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited Certificate of Completion.
Register and book your course via My Safety Shop
Other Training Availible
- Accident and Incident Investigation E-learning
- Drug Testing in the Workplace
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention e-Learning Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Basic First Aid Level 1 e-Learning Training Course
- COID – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Covid-19 Workplace Induction e-Learning Training Course
- Driven Machinery e-Learning Training Course
- Effective Contractor Management e-Learning Training Course
- Electrical Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Environmental Management e-Learning Training Course
- General Driving Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Hazardous Chemical Substances HCS in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Health and Safety Representative Functions in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Incident Reporting e-Learning Training Course
- Introduction to Working at heights and Fall Protection e-Learning
- Lifting Machine Operator Safety e-Learning Training Course
- Managing Infectious Disease in the Workplace e-Learning Training
- Occupational and Work-related Diseases e-Learning Training Course
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Management e-Learning
- Occupational Health Monitoring, e-Learning Training Course
- Permit to Work Systems e-Learning Training Course
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e-Learning Training Course
- Planned Task Observations e-Learning Training Course
- Smoking in the Workplace e-Learning Training Course
- Vehicle Management (Work-related Vehicle Safety) e-Learning
- Waste Recycling e-Learning Training Course
- Measuring and Monitoring of Workplace Conditions, e-Learning